NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM.
- Eligibility: The Keratin Complex Show Us Your Obsession Contest (“Contest”) is open to licensed cosmetologists who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States and Internationally, who are 18 years old or the age of majority in his/her state of residence, whichever is older at the time of entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of Keratin Holdings LLC and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, vendors, contractors and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of residence and any person living in such a person’s household, whether related or not) of each of the foregoing, as well as the employees of any company affiliated with the Contest (collectively with the foregoing persons or entities, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- Sponsor: Keratin Complex, 6400 Congress Avenue, Suite 200, Boca Raton, FL 33487.
- Entry Period: Entries may be submitted during the period commencing at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 1, 2019, and ending at 11:59 PM EST on December 31, 2019 (“Term”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How To Enter: To enter the Contest, visit @keratincomplex (on “Instagram”) during the Term and follow the instructions to obtain entries. Entrants may take any or all of the following actions, and must take the actions through Instagram to obtain entries:
- Follow Keratin Complex on Instagram @keratincomplex
- Create a look showing your best Keratin Complex smoothing, color, or styling transformation.
- Share a photo of your look on Instagram using the tag #KCOBSESSION
- Tag 3 stylist friends
By submitting a Photo along with the hashtag #KCOBSESSION and handle @keratincomplex in the caption, you are indicating that you have read, understand and fully agree to these official rules. In order to enter, your Instagram account must be public. If the account is private, the post will not qualify as an entry to the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, or misdirected submissions which will be disqualified or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Instagram account by the respective platforms. Potential winner/s may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. To be eligible for the Contest, Photos must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth on the website where persons may submit entries/photos (i.e. Instagram); such requirements being made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference.
Limit two (2) Photos per person per day during the Contest Submission Period. Do not submit the same photo more than once.
Each photo must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified:
- Photo must be the original, sole property of submitter and not previously submitted in any other contest, sweepstakes, or promotion.
- Photo must be taken on a clean background free of distractions where the hair is the focus.
- Photo must not include stock photography.
- Photo must not incorporate/prominently display any third-party brands or trademarks other than that of the Sponsor.
- Photo must not include text, logos, or watermarks.
- Photo must not violate any third-party rights, including copyright and right of publicity.
- Photo must not contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating or the mutilating of animals, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing, or otherwise unsuitable content as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Photos containing such content will be disqualified immediately.
Sponsor, in its sole direction, reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet these requirements.
By entering, you agree that the Sponsor may contact you via Instagram and/or name you on Sponsor’s social media page. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. You must complete all the required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize.
One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip to Las Vegas including flight and hotel accommodations, and a ticket to the Keratin Complex Global Artist Summit (“Prize”).
The winner must fill out a traveler form and select between flight options provided by Keratin Complex. Failing to select one of the flight options will result in Prize forfeiture, unless otherwise decided by Keratin Complex at its sole discretion. Any other specific arrangements for awarding of the Prize will be made directly with the winner, on a case-by-case basis, at Keratin Complex’ sole discretion.
One (1) first runner-up winner will receive $500 credit in Keratin Complex product.
One (1) second runner-up will receive $250 credit in Keratin Complex product.
No cash equivalent for the prizes. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Winner Selection and Notifications: On or about January 3, 2020, the name of one (1) grand prize winner and two(2) runners-up will be selected based on creativity, technique and overall impact. The grand prize winner will be contacted via the email or Instagram account used to enter the Contest. Except where legally prohibited, the Contest Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release and return this document within five (5) business days of being notified in order to claim his/her Prize. In the event the Contest Winner chooses not to accept his/her Prize, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, is unable to be notified, if any correspondence from Sponsor or a Prize is returned as undeliverable, if Contest Winner fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if Contest Winner is disqualified for any reason, Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all of the remaining qualified entrants.
- Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and © indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize. You may also receive periodic communications from Keratin Complex as condition of entry.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, entrygraph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; © unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.