A voluminous, smooth blowout is always in style, no matter the time of year. Salon professional Faith Amato, a hairstylist at Blandi Salon located in the famed Plaza Hotel in New York City, knows how to deliver just that. “That style is one of my specialties,” says Amato, who relies on Keratin Complex to deliver beautiful results every time. Here, she shares her how-to for creating bouncy blowouts:
1. Comb out freshly shampooed hair and apply a few pumps of Keratin Complex Volumizing Foam into your hand for lightweight lift and moveable hold. It’s perfect for prepping damp hair for a bouncy blowout. Rub your palms together and apply a good amount of product at the roots, running the rest of it through the hair to the ends.
2. Use your blowdryer to pre-dry the hair to remove most of the moisture.
3. Now you’re ready to do my version of the pin curl set to get a lot of volume. Depending on the amount of hair you have, create 8 to 10 pin curls, working your way around the head and using your blowdryer and a medium-size round brush to curl one section at a time. When each section is dry, wrap the curl around your fingers as if there were a make-believe roller there–then, use a clip to pin it at the base.
4. Allow hair to dry completely.
5. Remove the clips and run your hands through the hair, shaking each curl out as you go. Start at the top of the head, giving the hair a good shake all the way from top to bottom.
6. Part the hair and make sure it’s falling how you would like it. Next, pick up a few sections of hair with your pinky finger and apply Keratin Complex Texturizing Spray at the roots to add texture and separation.
7. Place the hair where you’d like it to fall. When you’re satisfied with how it looks, use Keratin Complex Firm Hold Hairspray, holding the can about 3 to 4 inches away from the head and applying liberally for maximum hold, frizz control and all-day style retention.
8. Finish the look with Keratin Complex Shine Spray for gorgeous shine and a smooth finish.