Mean Girls is back in a big way! This Monday saw the worldwide premiere of the new film, penned by none other than Tina Fey, and starring Angourie Rice, Renee Rapp and John Hamm among other notable stars.
Celebrity stylist Clara Leonard created the modern glam blowout for Angourie Rice using Keratin Complex’s Red Carpet Blowout products, as well as key stylers, for beautiful, healthy and luminous strands.
You too can achieve the look by following Leonard’s steps;
- Shampoo, rinse thoroughly, and towel dry hair.
- Distribute a small amount of Keratin Complex Intense RX Repair Serum throughout damp hair, concentrating application to mid-lengths and ends. The Intense Rx Repair Serum is part of Keratin Complex’s Red Carpet Blowout service and improves the hair’s strength and resilience while reducing breakage and split ends. “This helped detangle and strengthen Angourie’s hair after a week of different styles every day,” stated Leonard.
- Allow the Intense Rx Repair Serum to penetrate for 10 minutes if possible.
- Blow-dry with fingers until the hair is about 80% dry.
- Apply a small amount of Keratin Complex Infusion Keratin Replenisher (also part of the Red Carpet Blowout regimen) throughout the hair. The lightweight, moisture-rich hairstyling cream hydrates and smoothes the hair during blow-drying and heat-styling.
- Finish blow-drying with a round brush to 100% and style with a one-inch curling iron as desired. “I prepped each section prior to using the iron with Keratin Complex Flexible Hold Hairspray. This hairspray is great to keep the shape of the hair all night, while also keeping it brushable, soft and silky.
- Finally, brush hair out, shaping it into a modern Hollywood blowout, perfect for the red carpet.
Mean Girls opens nationwide on January 12th and borrowing the immortal words of the show’s Gretchen Wiener, “Angourie’s look was so fetch!’.