We have Hailey Bieber to thank for a new hair trend called “expensive brunette.” Her decision to ditch the blonde in favor of a rich, multi-tonal shade of chestnut brown with hints of honey made headlines over the past few months. Now, dozens of celebrities including Billie Eilish are following in her footsteps. The trick to getting this low-maintenance look is to add lots of depth and dimension. The look may be a bit more understated than platinum blonde, but it’s anything but boring.
The Signature Brunette Color Technique from Keratin Complexdelivers a perfect brunette base that can be tailored and customized for each client. Use the full spectrum of Keratin Complex keratin-enhanced brunette shades to create flawless multi-tonal brunette results that look just as expensive as a head full of highlights. There are four to choose from: 5.0/5N (Light Neutral Brown), 5.1/5A (Light Ash Brown), 6.00/6NN (Dark Brown) and 6.01/6NA (Natural Ash Blonde). The kit is available to beauty professionals for $40.00.
Each Keratin Complex Color Essentials Kit includes 4 100-mL/3.4 fl. oz. KeraLuminous Keratin-Enhanced Permanent Hair Color and one 236 mL/8 fl. oz. Keratin Complex 20-Volume Developer.
Here’s how to get this trending hair look:
FORMULA A: 30g 5.0/5N + 20g 5.1/5A + 75g 20-Volume Developer
FORMULA B: 25g 6.00/6NN + 25g 6.01/6NA + 75g 20-Volume Developer
- Separate hair into four sections.
- Starting at the nape, use ¼- to ½-inch partings and apply Formula A to base area. Blend out 1 to 2 inches to the midshafts.
- Apply Formula B to the midshafts through the ends, overlapping base color.
- Blend color overlap with fingers and comb through entire section with a fine-tooth comb to feather both formulas in each section.
- Continue technique throughout entire head.
- Process for 35 minutes.
- Rinse well, shampoo and condition.
- Style as desired.